If you live in Minnesota with your cat or dog, you can purchase a pet insurance policy from one of these top providers to help keep your animal covered against accidents and unexpected illnesses.
You can’t predict an accident that could happen while taking your dog for a walk through the snow in a cold Minnesota winter, nor can you foresee a disease such as cancer or diabetes that could impact your pet’s health. That’s where pet insurance comes in — to help you afford expensive veterinary bills related to emergencies and unexpected conditions.
If you opt for pet insurance, we at the Home Media reviews team have identified the best pet insurance companies in Minnesota. To find those top insurers, we researched the industry by surveying pet owners, analyzing hundreds of real-life customer reviews and comparing companies on a number of crucial factors such as policy coverage and affordability.
Minnesota’s 7 top pet insurance companies
- Includes the Healthy Pet Deductible with each policy that provides $50 to lower your deductible each year you don’t file a claim
- Offers a 5% discount for military members
- Features an annual payment plan that saves $12 on monthly installment fees
Coverage & Cost: Embrace offers one plan for coverage on accidents and illnesses between $5,000 and $30,000 per year, depending on your needs. It pays for allergy testing, physical therapy treatments, hospitalization, lab tests, exam fees and more to treat your pet for unexpected accidents, injuries, general illnesses and other conditions. It doesn’t cover pre-existing conditions, elective procedures, organ transplants and breeding issues.
Embrace also offers the optional Wellness Rewards plan for coverage of up to $250, $450 or $650 per year on 100% of vet bills related to your pet’s routine and preventative care, such as spay or neuter surgery, microchipping, prescription diet foods and vaccinations.
Below are some average prices for mixed cats and dogs in Minneapolis between 1 and 9 years old on Embrace policies with $5,000 annual limits, $300 deductibles and 80% reimbursement rates:
- Dogs: $46–$80 per month
- Cats: $23–$47 per month
Get a quote: Use Embrace’s free online quote tool to check prices based on your pet’s details.
- Includes extra reimbursements in the Ultimate Plan, such as lost-pet advertising and mortality benefits, which include burial fees and cremation costs
- Offers unlimited coverage, meaning you won’t reach a claim limit during your yearly policy and you’ll never owe out of pocket
- Provides comprehensive preventative care with three coverage levels and monthly prices
Coverage & Cost: Prudent Pet offers three coverage plans: the Accident-Only Plan, …….